• Keening – A Mourning Ritual For Our Time? (2018) blog in Histories of Emotion from Medieval Europe to
• Contemporary Australia, Australian Research Council’s Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions
• Keening the Dead: Ancient History or a Ritual for Today? (2019) in Religions 2019, 10(4),
• 235; doi:10.3390/rel10040235 http://hdl.handle.net/10344/7824
• Moving Between Worlds, Death, The Otherworld and Traditional Irish Song’ (2017) chapter 7 in Dell, Helen and Hickey,
• Helen eds. Singing Death: Reflections on Music and Mortality London, New York: Routledge/Ashgate.
PLEASE NOTE: Mary is currently working on two books:
The Ritual of Lament' about the Keening Tradition in Ireland
Enchantment and Entrapment in Irish Fairy song.
Please check back here for details of publication OR sign up for Mary’s newsletter on