(but still a work in progress. Keep revisiting!)
Mary records, performs and teaches workshops in singing skills, performance technique and Gaelic song and culture. She has toured extensively throughout North America, teaching and performing at Celtic/Irish camps.
I WILL BE PERFORMING THREE NEW SONGS IN A ROOTSTRINGS SHOWCASE ALONG WITH OTHER GUESTS.
NOV 21ST 7:00 - 9:00
THE OLD QUARTER, 3 LITTLE ELLEN STREET, LIMERICK CITY
VISIT MY NEW FACEBOOK PAGE
CHORAL ARRANGEMENTS OF SELECTED CHRISTMAS SONGS FOR SALE - A SUPPLEMENT TO
'A GAELIC CHRISTMAS SONGBOOK' — SEE BELOW!
All enquiries / orders through page
- Keening – A Mourning Ritual For Our Time? (2018) blog in Histories of Emotion from Medieval Europe to Contemporary Australia, Australian Research Council’s Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions https://historiesofemotion.com/2018/03/
- Keening the Dead: Ancient History or a Ritual for Today? (2019) in Religions 2019, 10(4), 235; doi:10.3390/rel10040235 http://hdl.handle.net/10344/7824
- Moving Between Worlds, Death, The Otherworld and Traditional Irish Song’ (2017) chapter 7 in Dell, Helen and Hickey, Helen eds. Singing Death: Reflections on Music and Mortality London, New York: Routledge/Ashgate.
- PLEASE NOTE: Mary is currently writing two books - 'The Ritual of Lament' about the Keening Tradition in Ireland and 'Between the Worlds: Otherworldly Enchantment and Entrapment in Irish Traditional Song'
- Please check back here for details of publication OR use the contact form to put your name/email address on a mailing list for notification of these and future recording projects / gigs.
Gaelic Christmas CD Companion Songbook now available electronically - package includes: audio pronunciation guide, Gaelic lyrics plus phonetic transliteration, written music.
This book is a companion to A Gaelic Christmas CD but could be a stand-alone song book.
Special Christmas offer – 15 euros (normal price 20 euros)
order through ‘contact’ page